Rat, Mouse & Squirrel Control needed in Cape Town? We can help you!
Specialised techniques to trace and track Rodent foraging routes and patterns
Installation of traps, bait stations or other ongoing servicing thereof
Rat, Mouse or Squirrel proofing to limit their access
Specialised techniques and chemicals to sanitise germs carried by Rats, Mice and Squirrels at a microbial level
Rat, Mouse and Squirrel carcass removal
Specialised techniques to eradicate odour caused by carcasses
Ongoing treatment forecasting and follow ups
Join the rest of Cape Town and fill in our Contact Form to book your appointment now!
Rat, Mouse & Squirrel control is amongst the most overlooked and under emphasized infestations in Pest Management.
Lack of proper Rat & Mouse Control is Costly & Hazardous if you are based in Cape Town!
Statistics shows that Rats & Mice (Rodents) are the cause of approximately 20% of the world’s food suppliers stock being contaminated and wasted annually. Often Fires, where the cause were listed as unknown, have most likely been caused by rodent activity. Rodents gnaw on electrical wiring and love to nest in appliances.
Rats & Mice Control can assist with Disease management in Cape Town!
Rats and Mice are known disease and plague carriers. During the 14th century they caused “The Black Death”. Disturbingly, this plague lasted 50 years and caused 25 million deaths. We list some of the diseases carried by rodents which can be carried over to humans:
- Murine Typhus Fever (Symptoms may include fever, chills, body aches and muscle pain)
- Rat-bite Fever (Symptoms include inflammation of the skin, fever or vomiting)
- Salmonella Food Poisoning
- Leptospirosis(Symptoms include high fever, headache, chills, muscle aches, vomiting, jaundice, red eyes or abdominal pain)
- Weil’s disease (Symptoms include fever, chills, muscle aches, headaches, coughing, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite)
- Trichinosis (Symptoms that may 0ccur while larvae are in your intestines include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, fatigue or low energy)
- Rickettsial Pox (Symptoms include discomfort in bright light (photophobia), fever, chills, muscle pain, rash that looks like chicken pox, sweating)
- Meningitis – Main cause by viral infection, other causes include bacterial and fungal infections. (Symptoms include symptoms such as headache, fever and a stiff neck)
- Ringworm known as dermatophytosis or tinea, is a fungal infection of the skin. The infection may affect the skin of the scalp, feet, groin, beard, or other areas.
- Dermatitis (Symptoms include dry, scaly, flaky skin, hives, oozing blisters, skin redness, skin that appears darkened or leathery, skin that burns, extreme itching, sun sensitivity.
Professional Rodent control can save you money and help you sleep better in Cape Town!
Professional control of rodents in Domestic, Commercial or Industrial Environments should not be taken for granted. A qualified Technician will be able to assess your individual needs and implement the relevant control methods specifically tailor made for you. With the implementation of proper control measures, you ensure the hygiene and safety of all occupants, humans and pets alike on your premises.
Rodents reproduce at an alarming rate! We can help you manage this in Cape Town.
Did you know that a typical brown rat can produce as many 20 pups per year. Their offspring can begin reproducing in as little as 6 to 8 weeks. This can result to approximately 2,000 descendants in a year if left unchecked. Also, a house mouse can start to mate from 4 to 7 weeks old and reproduce up to 50 pups or pinkies per year. This can produce more than 5000 descendants annually. Due to this remarkable reproduction cycle it is important to implement a program as soon as rodent activity is noticed. As a matter of interest, a group of rats or mice is aptly referred to as a mischief.
Rodent Control Programmes we offer in Cape Town
At Eco Slayer Cape Town our comprehensive rodent control programmes provide you with:
- Sanitation Solutions
- Rodent Proofing of your premises
- Humane Trapping
- Population reduction
- Toxic Baiting depending on the type of premises (Domestic, Corporate or Industrial).
Experience has taught us that it is necessary to implement all of the above to control a rodent infection successfully in Cape Town.
Squirrel Control in Cape Town
Squirrels also carry disease
Squirrel Control has become necessary in Cape Town recently. This is because the squirrel’s natural habitat is being affected due to urbanization. Squirrels can also carry and spread the following diseases to humans:
- Lyme Disease (Spread by the ticks they carry. Symptoms include nerve pain, stiffness and inflammation of the brain)
- Salmonellosis (Salmonella bacteria found in their droppings. Symptoms may cause headache, diarrhea, abdominal cramps and low grade fever.)
- Tularemia (Symptoms may include swollen lymph nodes, severe headaches, fever, chills and fatigue)
Squirrels found in Cape Town can cause damage
Squirrel Control means that you enlist the help from a trusted professional to safeguard you, your family, staff and premises. Although they are very cute to look at, there has been occasions where squirrels become pests. The major concern is that they can burrow around foundations, in lawns, on golf courses, and in gardens. Ground squirrels can have extensive burrows with large mounds and sometimes their burrows underneath buildings have been the cause of structural damage. Fortunately for you, Eco Slayer Cape Town is able to assess the nature of your infestation and provide you with the best solution to control your particular squirrel infestation.